Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Self Respect

Set Goals
Exercise
Love Yourself
Focus on Fitness

Rest and Relax
Eat Right
SMILE
Portray Positive
Enjoy Life
Care for Others
Tell Yourself YOU CAN DO THIS!

Last week I was best loser. I lost 1.6lbs which put me down to 351.6lbs. Unfortunately... everyone else gained and we turtled out. Such is life... lol.

Our meeting was cancelled last night due to the weather and I will not be there next week as we will be in FLORIDA! I am NO where near bathing suit ready... but I plan on doing some moving! Mostly... It'll be nice to get some sunshine and some fresh air. We have packed the stroller so we plan on taking daily walks. I might get up and do one in the morning and then one in the evening. We also plan on hitting the beach for one day... It will be nice.

So for my TOPS group I have created a Jeopardy game for a program. I'm not the type of person that does well presenting or anything... but I thought it would be fun. I've honestly spent the last couple weeks working on it (When my internet works) and I am going to post the questions here. See if you can answer them correctly. I'll post the answers another time.

Got your piece of paper?

Ready?

(No cheating and looking up the answers....)

Here we go...

EXERCISE

100) One pound equals THIS many calories...
200) It is recommended that adults get THIS amount of exercise per week...
300)  On average, children spend 4.2 hours a day doing THIS...
400) Exercise that requires Oxygen...
500) Calories provide your body with THIS so you can workout...

DIETS

100) A diet that completely eliminates Carbohydrates...
200) A 1,500 calorie diet with only one balanced meal...
300) A diet that uses a points system to determine what to eat...
400) A diet designed to help you lose 1-2 pounds a week...
500) A diet that gives you 6 balanced meals and a snack everyday...

FOODS

100) Broccoli, kale, turnip greens, dried beans as well as milk and milk products all have THIS in common...
200) Berries, broccoli, beans, nuts and whole grains contain a lot of THIS substance used by the digestive system in the body...
300) True or False: All granola bars an excellent choice for a midmorning healthy snack.
400) These two unique foods can be included in both the vegetable and protein food groups...
500) This, in fruits and vegetables, increases the volume of the food without increasing calories...

MY PLATE

100) The orange sections of My Plate illustrates the food group that contains oatmeal, grits and tortillas...
200) The green section of My Place consists of foods that can be raw, cooked, canned, frozen, fresh, dehydrated, dried and even mashed...
300) The red section of My Plate consists of super foods that have health benefits such as the possibility of reducing stroke, heart disease, heart attack, possible protection from certain cancers, may lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of bone loss and kidney stones...
400) The blue section, or dairy section, of My Plate consists of liquids made from milk and foods made from milk that retain or keep their calcium except for these foods....
500) The purple section, or protein section, of My Plate recommends you get at least this many ounces of cooked seafood per week...

DISEASES

100) THIS is the most common cause of death in North America...
200) These are not often about food, but often will affect how much or how little a person will eat...
300) THIS type of diabetes was formerly seen only in adults but is now seen in children as well due to inactivity and poor nutrition...
400) Kidney stones can be cause by excessive protein intake and/or insufficient intake of THIS mineral...
500) If you suffer from THIS, you have a fixation or desire to eat only "healthy" foods, or to avoid entire food groups...


There you have it! Good luck! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a fantastic challenge and you clearly put A LOT of effort into it. Your group is very lucky to have you.

    I enjoyed our chat immensely today!

    ReplyDelete