Saturday, July 28, 2012

Birthday Lunch With Jeffy.

For MY birthday, I told Jeff (my brother) he could take me to get my next tattoo. That was a no-go so I told him I'd buy him lunch. We chose Olive Garden.

Probably not the greatest choice... but honestly, I'm proud of myself.

First... I ordered two drinks. A Dr. Pepper and a Water. I was so happy that I drank the entire glass of water before I even touched the Dr. Pepper... So I didn't really want/need a refill.

I had the salad with little dressing on it... I always flip it upside down and get the leafy greens on the bottom. They are usually a little less drenched.

I had three breadsticks total.

For my entree... I chose the stuffed chicken marsala. It seems OG's plates have either gotten bigger... or their portions have been slashed.

I got two piece of chicken... probably 4oz a piece (judging by my palm) and not a whole lot of sauce. There was a half cup (Again... just judging) of garlic mashed potatoes... and they were delish! And I only ate ONE piece of chicken and patiently waited for the waitress to bring me a box for the other piece!

For dessert I caved and had the Tiramisu. But honestly... that's all I've had all day pretty much.  Haven't calculated on points where I'm at for today but I'm pretty happy.

I didn't feel like I splurged too much but I didn't restrict myself either. I stopped when I was full and I didn't chug the soda.

See... It might not always show on my body... but it's showing in my choices and thinking...

OG -- ZERO
Me -- ONE!

1 comment:

  1. So good to see another post from you.

    I have started following about 5 different weight loss blogs to help inspire myself and not feel so alone. Honestly, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve, I check my blog roll for updates like EVERY HOUR and then feel like I hit the jackpot when someone posts a new one. You made my night!

    Good for you for cutting back while out. It would be impossible to think that you will never eat out again or over-indulge. For example, we went to Costco last night and bought a 2.2 kg package of licorice, for the kids :-/ Anyway 4 pieces is 150 calories....I tried to resist them all morning then caved at lunchtime ...had 4 and over the course of the day, have had about 6 more! Tomorrow I will try to resist harder, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

    Keep up the hard work and I look forward to your next blog!

    ReplyDelete