Saturday, August 3, 2013

Yesterday I busied myself with making HOMEMADE chicken pot-pie. I think the most calorie laden part of it was the crust... because of the butter... but OH MY GOSH it was DELICIOUS!

I sautéed cubed chicken in butter then added celery and onion... added frozen veggies (Corn, Lima Beans, Green Beans & Peas) and cooked up a potato (as if for mashing) and tossed it in the pan. Then I added some salt, pepper and other seasonings. I added it to my pie crust and made a packet of gravy (just the gravy and add water) and poured all of it into the crust, put the second crust on top and baked it. It was so yummy and very moist! Plus it was healthy! Mike definitely liked it and it's a recipe going on rotation in our house. I think never time I want to try making it with Turkey instead...

Today I spent the morning/early afternoon mowing the front yard... hard work... I'm exhausted and sunburnt but it's all good.

Tonight we're heading to Kraut Fest. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment