Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wake - Up Call

Today has been such a wake up call for me.

The phone rang at 4am and the BF answered it. It was my mom -- My dad's in so much pain with his leg and can we come over to take him to the ER.

Um... Of course.

After all the hullabaloo we find out that the pain in his leg is from Arthritis. BUT they were waiting for the blood work to come back. His blood sugar level is 337 (normal range is 70 - 110)... His blood pressure was high.

A year ago, my dad threw away ALL his medications. He was on meds for blood pressure, COPD (He has already had an angioplasty and STILL smokes 3 packs a day), high cholesterol and was prediabetic. When my mom was fired from the hospital, he tossed them all and said he didn't trust doctors. He said he'll die when it's his time.

As I sat in the hard plastic chair, my extra "baggage" spilling out... I thought to myself... I'm already on meds for hypertension. My doctor has said if I don't get things under control, I could be diabetic as well. Not only that but heart disease and high cholesterol runs in my family.

I need to make a change NOW. It has only made me that more determined to starting this juice diet tomorrow. And just because I'm starting it TOMORROW does NOT mean I'm not starting today. I plan on eating light today... and not pigging out.

I think this is what I needed to experience to slap me in the face. Unfortunately... it took the health of a loved one to do so.

Happy Losing...

Ps. I will post my menu/recipes later today... I am finishing my shopping list and heading out as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment