Thursday, August 23, 2012

I've been lamenting a lot about my living situation. The fact that my parents buy crap and cook crap and eat crap... and I go along with it because I have no other options.

When, oh when, will I take responsibility for MY actions?

I'm an adult and I should accept it as my own mission to care for myself. No one else can do it. I can blame my parents for instilling a poor sense of nutrition and lack of exercise ethic but it's MY choice to eat their garbage and sit around instead of moving.

My mom is a soda-fiend. I keep asking her to not buy it for me but she continues to do so. This afternoon I got to thinking about it... She buys the little 100 calorie cans of root beer and I thought that maybe if I bought some in a kind that I like... and then put maybe one in the fridge a day... maybe, just maybe, I won't be tempted to chug it. At least then it'll be a little can instead of a bottle of it. And hopefully, I can slowly wean myself off of it totally.

I've done it before.

I can and I will do it again.

I've been trying to get myself to walk at night when I come home from work. Tonight I passed because my head was throbbing and I had to go to the store. Let me tell you, the guilt weighed heavily on my heart. 

Tomorrow, I plan on getting an hour - long walk in. Then saturday, I hope to do the same before I go to my bf's for the weekend.

Maybe I'll work off the Taco Bell I had for dinner tonight. Over by 18 points tonight. Oops. But... It's the first night I've gone over and I still have time to make up for it.

It's a long and stressful journey but I'm going to get there. One way or another. :-)

Happy Losing!!

1 comment:

  1. The thought process of "I will get to my goal eventually" is a great mind set.

    It will take time....years probably! That is where I am at...but I'm ok with it!

    What if you buy yourself diet soda? That way you can have a large can or 2, but not the calories? Not that diet is all that much better for you, but that is what I do.

    ReplyDelete