Friday, August 3, 2012

Yesterday was my final day of vacation this summer and it was a blast!

My friend and I went to a Taughannock Falls State Park on Cayuga Lake. We started our day by walking up the river in our bare feet. It was a 3/4mi walk over rock and some watery spots. My balance was most definitely off. At the end was supposed to be some 200+ foot waterfall. Because of the droughts going on... it was barely even there. We put on our sneakers and walked the 3/4mi back to the main park. Before, I probably couldn't have been able to do it without getting winded and needed a break... but I did just fine. It was a lot of fun!

After that we decided to have some lunch... which I packed. I bought these pita shells (100 calories a piece) with Italian herb... a couple single packs of lunch meat and some cheese. I also cut up watermelon and had chocolate covered strawberries (DELISH!) and some cheez-it's. I packed the cooler with water because it was supposed to be hot out... but it wasn't too bad. Lunch was really good and tasty.

After lunch we went down to the beach and did some swimming for an hour. The water was so cold but it felt so good to finally go swimming! I've been craving it all summer! 

I came home exhausted and sunburnt with a splitting headache but it was so very worth it. We had a lot of fun and will be planning our next adventure soon! I wish I'd worn my Fitbit though so I could have tracked all the walking we did... but I was afraid of it getting wet in case I fell on my butt. I definitely got my workout in!!

Happy Losing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment