Wednesday, January 16, 2013

...The Curse of The Cranberry-Orange Muffin...

My center/work receives it's food from the Hospital next door. They make the most... moist... amazing... deliciousness that is a Cranberry Orange Muffin. And I can eat them by the fist full. 

With flu and illness running rampant this week... My class has been combined with the other class... Usually, altogether, we have 22 children in Preschool. The other day we had 10. The muffins were afternoon snack and the cook gave me a TON of them. I kind of hoarded them in my classroom and have been eating them. 

Yesterday... I had five.

Today... I had four.

As I was polishing off my fourth muffin this afternoon, I looked at my crumb covered hands and thought to myself... "This is absolutely ludicrous!" I was ashamed and frustrated with myself. As soon as I licked the crumbs off my fingers, I picked up the entire bag, still full, and dumped it into the garbage.

Done... And... Done!

To make up for it...  By the time I got home it was still light out and I took advantage... I went for a walk. A mile long walk. I walked uphill backwards. I danced in the street. I walked 1 mile in 25 minutes.

I feel better... And thank GOD the muffins are gone! 

Happy Losing!

2 comments:

  1. Good girl!

    I read on another blog about the mentality of wasting food if you throw it out...but in our case...it's wasting food to eat it. We don't need it! Muffins = BAD!!!! I love them, but they contain a meal's worth of calories so I do my best to not eat them OR allot for them accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to do this earlier in the week with chocolates we had in the freezer. Tossed the last five no point in keeping them I will just eat them

    ReplyDelete