Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Little Victories

So I am taking great delight in all the little things I'm noticing about my weight loss. Tomorrow is dreaded W-I day but even if I see no movement or a gain, I'll be just as excited about the fact that....

1. My BIG bath towel now OVERLAPS by a few inches whereas before I had to HOLD it closed! I still do... but only because I keep fearing that it's going to fly open on me and I'll be exposed. 

2. I can reach across myself to attach my FitBit to the right side of my pants with my left hand. And yes, this was IMpossible before!

3. I made my first 1.31 miles in 30 minutes. Even in high school... I was always the overweight one who had to walk the mile in gym class. I might not be running it in 5 minutes... yet... but that's a BIG improvement!

The first weekend in June is the Sulphur Springs Festival. My co-worker and friend and I are doing a 5k walk. There's a 5k run but neither of us feels like we're ready to run it quite yet. Not only that but later that day there is a parade and our center has a float so we're going to walk in that as well! Will definitely be getting my steps/miles in that day!

Happy Losing! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good job, keep it up! :) Very impressive progress!

    ReplyDelete