Saturday, July 23, 2016

Last night was an emotional night for me.

1. It was the THIRD night in a row that my husband was unavailable to help me with dinner and the child.
2. It was 93 degrees!
3. Friday is our New Recipe night and I made Chili Cheese Dog Bake. Unfortunately... the recipe said to use a 9x13 pan but there wasn't enough chili to cover the bottom of the pan. I opted for using an 8x8 pan instead and unfortunately... too many sliced hot dogs and the biscuits never baked the whole way through. I found myself on the floor, sweating like a pig and ugly crying.

Hubs texted me to tell me he was on the way home at 7:30p. He's usually home by 5 at the latest and I told him I was miserable and if he didn't have a soda I wanted nothing to do with him... I was joking. Kind of. But he brought me one anyway. It wasn't really worth it, if I'm honest. But I can't un-drink it. I can only work harder today to make up for it.

But... Today we decided to hit a little farm stand that we like to use. We ended up getting a HUGE seedless watermelon, some peaches, blueberries, corn on the cob, red potatoes, 2 lemons and a bag of salted, shelled peanuts.

TB LOVED the blueberries and couldn't seem to eat them fast enough. The Hubs and I each had a peach and I realized I'm not a fan of the fuzzy outside. Once I peeled the outside off it was really yummy. I am also trying out my infusing water bottle. I cut up a lemon into a couple wedges (after I washed the outside just in case) and put it in the fridge. I'm not big on lemon in my water... but I'll try it.

For dinner... we are having the chili dog bake, corn on the cob and watermelon. I can NOT wait! I have been craving watermelon for weeks now. It'll be YUMMY!

And I plan on taking a walk. It's hot and sunny out but it's windy so I am going to use that to my advantage. Hoping to get some walking in as well and I'm still not sure about the jump rope... but we'll see. :D

2 comments:

  1. I feel you! I can get so easily frustrated with the kids and if dinner doesn't turn out...I FEEL all out of sorts! Those anxious moments cause me to eat crap....like...I just need the ice cream bar, etc.

    Peaches are so yummy, but I have to peel them for sure! If you like the taste of them...try nectarines! They taste the same, but don't have the furry skin! I tend to buy them over peaches if I can! Plus, they are usually available in stores at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've had Nectarines but I'll have to try them. Usually I love peaches... maybe it was the bunch I got. Idk.

    Lovin' the watermelon though! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete