Saturday, August 6, 2016

You have to fight through some bad days....


To earn the best days of your life...

Pre-Walk... 

Fitbit says it is ELEVEN flights of stairs to the TOP (the VERY top) of the hills.
Sweaty after 3.64 miles and 15 flights of stairs!

So... Last night was a total disaster. I made pork chops, roasted red potatoes, corn on the cob, stuffing and gravy for dinner. Well... The coating on the chops burnt but the chops were raw in the middle. The potatoes cooked for OVER an hour and were still uncooked. The corn turned orange and I forgot the stuffing until I was almost done with cooking. Was made at my husband for making me cook in 90 degree heat (with no A/c in the main part of the house). I was sweaty and miserable and a complete spicy disaster. Next time... I will spread the taters out more in a bigger pan. I will brown the chops on the stove then cook in the oven. Oh.. Well..

I am proud of myself for getting up and getting my walk in before the Bridal Shower. I did one trek around the block (about 2.56 miles and up the beast of the hill!) and then walked to the end of the road for an extra mile. If my knees weren't so sore, I might have made it 4 miles but I was running low on time and energy. 

I forgot to do my Pilates this morning. I planned on doing at least the two arm workouts, and give my legs a break, but I didn't. Hopefully I can squeeze it in this afternoon. 

I am currently at 10.46 miles for this week alone. Tomorrow is going to be another cooler day (and by cooler I mean 80's!) so I am going to attempt to at least get a decent walk tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment